Agency Law Course
- an online course in in our School for Landlords (and agents) series
Are you an agent? Or do you use an agent?
There is a special law of agency which governs agency relations. If you are an agent or use agents you ought to know how it works - so you can protect your position
You need our new online Agency Law course!
- Online - so no need to travel, just start up your computer
- Work at your own pace, no deadlines to meet
- Course material will be delivered over six weeks starting on 3 February 2014, but
- Will remain online for six months - so plenty of time to catch up if you miss a week or go on holiday
- Up to six hours CPD - certificates provided
What is agency law?
Agency law is the law which governs the situation where one person (the agent) creates a contract with a third party (in your case a tenant) on behalf of his principal (ie the landlord).
It is a strange mixture of contract law and the laws of trust and equity - and you may get a few surprises!
For example did you know that an agent owes a stringent 'fiduciary duty' to his principal / landlord - and the landlord may be entitled to end the agency agreement and claim compensation if it is broken?
So what do you get?
Articles on the law
Written articles explain the various elements of agency law – with pictures!
Also included are clips from Simon Parrott’s talk on agency law at our Landlord Law Conference
Quizzes and CPD
Test your knowledge with our multiple choice quizzes – and earn up to six hours CPD!
Ask questions and discuss the course with other students in the online discussion forum
Special training website
Our training website uses the special ‘Moodle’ training software – as used by countless Universities, including the Open University
Links to further content
Includes links to further information on the internet, including case law reports and articles on the Landlord Law Blog.
Course content week by week
The course will start on 3 February 2014 when the first weeks content will be released to students. Bookings will close at 12.00 noon on that day.
Week 1 - introduction
Week 2 - creating agency agreements
Week 3 - Agents authority
Week 4 - The Agent and Principal
Week 5 - The Third Party & Ending Agreements
Week 6 - Bonus items
But why would you need a course on agency law?
- Find out about your agent’s fiduciary duty of care towards you
- Discover the different ways that an ill informed agent could breach their duties and cost you money
- Learn how to get out of a contract with an agent you are unhappy with
- Discover the full remit of your job
- Understand the different liabilities that exist between a disclosed agency and an undisclosed agency
- Make sure your staff don't fall foul of laws that they don't know exist and cost your company dear
100% Money Back Guarantee
Zero Risk 14 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you decide that the course is not for you, contact us at any time within the first 14 days from the start of the course and we will cancel and refund your money in full. Refunds after the first 14 days are given at our discretion.
Book Your Place on This Course Now For Only £84 (£70 + VAT)
Or if several people in one office want to do the course, we will charge £84 for the first person and then £24 for each additional person from that office.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACE ...
Read the instructions below carefully
- Check to see how many people will want to take the course - remember additional students from the same office pay a reduced fee of just £24 each (£20 + VAT)
- Click the big orange button
- This will take you to the booking form - please complete it carefully
- Then send it to us by clicking the submit button at the foot of the form
- We will then send you an invoice for payment
- Once payment has been made you will be added to the course delegates list and
- Receive access to the two preliminary 'general law' course modules
- And thats it!