Directions provided for:
The address of the Conference Venue is the Athenaeum, Angel Hill, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 1LU
Travel by Rail
For booking tickets, >> Trainline is a good service.
Here is a map showing the route from the station to the Athenaeum (click to view it on Google maps):
The Google maps page seems to think it is about 15-20 minutes walk, so suggest you allow 1/2 hour or get a cab.
Below is a Google map showing the location of the city:
Here is a simpler diagramatic map:
Directions to the Athenaeum from A14:
- Leave A14 at Bury St Edmunds Central exit (junction 43)
- Large roundabout at end of slip road.
- If coming from Cambridge direction take 3rd exit. If coming from Ipswich direction take 1st exit. Follow signs for Bury St Edmunds
- At next roundabout take first left onto Northgate Street
- Follow road until you come to a set of traffic lights.
- Turn left at the traffic lights and then first left into Cotton Lane for Ram Meadow Car Park. The Athenaeum is approximately a 5 minute walk from here
There are several car parks in Bury St Edmunds, but the recommended car pak is called Ram Meadow. Unfortunatly the name does not appear to be recognised by Googlemaps, but it is at the end of Cotton Lane – see the map below:
For more information about parking, and some pictures, please can you
>> download the pdf here.
Finally – a map of Bury St Edmunds
You can dowmload a very nice pdf map of Bury St Edmunds from >> here.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Conference!
Tessa, Graeme and Ben