This is a core course for Easy Law Training Ltd. Robust and comprehensive knowledge of homelessness legislation is crucial to the efficient running of a homelessness unit. If staff aren’t up to date or up to speed with the more detailed areas of the work it can push up the bill for a local authority and place extra strain on resources.
Many homelessness decisions go against the applicant and challenges are increasingly more common making a fully trained team an essential component of a well-run unit
Modules covered on this course:
- Homelessness in the context of broader legislation and government aims.
- Eligibility – including the latest case laws
- Homelessness – with the most important and relevant case laws
- Priority Need – dealing with the grey areas of challenges to officer logic
- Intentionality – how to ensure that decisions are well supported
- Local connection and referrals to other authorities
- Writing watertight s184 letters
- Reviews and appeals
- Suitability of accommodation offered
Course delegates will deepen their existing knowledge of homelessness case work by adding interpretations and binding court decisions that have grown up over the years through a raft of case law. They will also understand some of the more uncommon and complex logic behind challenges to decisions at review and appeal.
Who should attend?
Homelessness workers with some experience who need to deepen their knowledge of more complex issues and case law. It’s also an ideal follow up to our Introduction to Homelessness Law course
If you wish to book Ben for this course
Please use our standard booking form below. Note that >> terms and conditions apply.