In this one day workshop Barrister, Robert Brown looks at the special areas of law which apply when a landlord of a short let is also a tenant himself under a long lease.
Topics covered include:
- Typical leasehold arrangements (freeholders, management companies, managing agents, etc)
- Leases and subletting
- Ground rent, service charges and administration charges – what are they?
- How to challenge service charges (and when you should),
- Repairing obligations – inside and outside the flat,
- Trouble with freeholder / managing agents
- Right to manage, management audit, etc,
- Enfranchisement (extending the lease and purchasing a share of the freehold)