For workshops, conferences, online courses and other training events provided by Easy Law Training Ltd.
Easy Law Training (ELT) is a company registered in England & Wales, No. 08153069. The registered office address is 148 Unthank Road, Norwich NR2 2RS. The telephone number is 01603 763096. The Contact email address is tessa @ easylawtraining.com.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights. If you are booking as a consumer, the Consumer Contracts Regulations (and any other relevant consumer legislation) will also apply.
1. Conferences, workshops and other face to face events:
- All bookings for conferences and workshops must be made via our online booking procedure.
- Confirmation of your booking will normally be sent automatically by our system at the time of booking or purchase.
- A VAT invoice will be sent separately to the invoice address provided by you on the form if this has not already been sent out via our system.
- All communication with you will be by email at the email address provided by you, unless specifically agreed otherwise
- The course handouts, conference speaker notes and any other documentation will be distributed at the time of the event
- ELT reserves the right to vary or cancel an event where the occasion necessitates. ELT accept no liability if, for whatever reason, the event does not take place (so please check with us before paying for hotel, travel and other expenses particularly if they are non-refundable). However, we will refund any payment made to us for the event or transfer your payment to another event, whichever you prefer.
- Prices may be subject to change, but any changes in the price will not affect your booking after you have been invoiced and have paid for your event.
- If you wish to take advantage of any promotional offer or discount, note that only one promotion or discount can be used per booking
- Invoices are payable in full either at the time of booking or within 14 days of the date of the invoice or (for late bookings) not less than 48 hours before the event starts.
- If the event is fully subscribed and we have a waiting list, then if you have not paid your invoice within the time limits set out above, we reserve the right to give your place to another delegate (and cancel your invoice) while your invoice remains unpaid.
- Cancellation – bookings can be cancelled by you before payment at any time up to 7 days before the date of the event. If cancelling after payment, then if notice of cancellation is received by us within 14 days of payment a full refund will be made. After 14 days, refunds are subject to a £25 administration fee. However (unless you are entitled under law to cancel and receive a refund), no refunds are given for cancellations made within the last 14 days prior to the date of the event, save at our discretion.
- Transfer – if you wish to transfer your payment to another event, written notice must be provided at least 36 hours before the event and an administration charge of £15 will be levied.
- Save as set out above, the booking form constitutes a legally binding contract. The delegate and their employer (if any) are jointly and severally liable for payment of all the fees due to ELT.
- Filming and photography – note we will normally have a film crew and photographer at our conferences, and sometimes at workshops and other events. If you do not wish to be included in any film footage or photographs, please let us know before the start of the event and we will inform our film crew and photographer.
- Delegates list. We reserve the right to provide a delegates list listing all delegates and their firm name (where relevant) to all delegates attending a workshop or conference and to any sponsors / exhibitors for that event.
2. Online training courses
- Unless specifically stated otherwise on the sales page, access to all our online training courses will be for a period of one year.
- All online courses are subject to payment in full in advance of the commencement of the course.
- Once payment has been received, you will be sent details of how to access your course, via email. Depending on the course concerned, this will either be sent out automatically by an online automatic system or your access will be set up by us manually. Details will normally be set out on the course information or sales page.
- If you do not receive your login or other course information please check your email’s spam folder and ensure that your email system is configured to receive emails from us. If you have still not received this information then please contact us by email and ask for it to be re-sent. (If you contact us by telephone we will ask you to confirm your request via email).
- You confirm that you will keep your login details confidential and will not let them be used by any unauthorised persons.
- Cancellations – you can cancel and obtain a full refund provided you notify us within 14 days of payment. Requests for cancellation and refunds made outside of this period will be given at our discretion and will normally be subject to an administration fee of not less than £15. Requests for cancellation and refund should be made by email or via any helpdesk system available with your course.
- You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from us, without our prior written consent.
- By using our sites or services, you agree that you may not use any part of such service for any illegal purpose.
- You confirm that you have taken all reasonable precautions to make sure that any data you submit to any of our websites is true and accurate and free from viruses or anything else which may have a contaminating or destructive effect the Website or any other technology owned / operated by us.
- We will endeavour to give you uninterrupted access to our website services, but this may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time, often for reasons beyond our control. We will therefore not be liable for any loss or damage arising as a result of problems with access.
- We have taken every care in the preparation of the content of our websites, however we cannot guarantee uninterrupted and totally reliable access, and so therefore cannot guarantee that the information will always be completely up to date and free of mistakes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties; express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on our websites and
- We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute, suspend or remove without notice any information or service on our websites from time to time.
- We assume no responsibility for the content or services of any other websites linked to or from any of our websites.
3. In house training events
These are where we provide a trainer to attend at your premises.
- Prices. The advertised price may be subject to change, for example if the course content is adapted for your specific needs or if the advertised trainer is not available. Note that you will also be responsible for the trainer’s reasonable travel and (if appropriate) accommodation costs. These will normally be discussed and agreed with you in advance.
- Contract: Once a booking has been confirmed and invoiced, you will be liable for all fees unless the contract is cancelled or varied as set out below.
- Payment: The course fees become payable in full as soon as an invoice is raised. If your organisation requires a purchase order number to be quoted, you should arrange to provide us with this and (if necessary) any relevant paperwork promptly.
- Cancellation of bookings: If written notice is received by ELT not less than 10 days before the course date, course fees will be refunded less an administration fee of £50 plus VAT. If payment has not been made, you will still be responsible for paying our administration costs if the course has been confirmed by you.
- Transfer of bookings: Bookings can be transferred to other ELT courses upon written request at the discretion of ELT.
- Documentation: Where appropriate, course documentation will distributed at the time of the event.
- Cancellation of courses: ELT reserves the right to vary or cancel a course where the occasion necessitates (for example if a trainer falls ill). ELT accept no liability if, for whatever reason, the course does not take place. Full refunds of any course fees paid for the course concerned will be made in the event of cancellation by ELT.
4. Money Off Vouchers/coupons and Discounts
There are two ways that our system will give discounts on products or events:
- The shopping cart item showing a discount or ‘sale price’ – this is normally done when an online course is being offered at a special price during an introductory period
- Inputting a voucher / discount code into the shopping cart which will re-calculate the price to be paid.
Our terms and conditions for money off vouchers / coupons are as follows:
- They can only be used once per person or organisation
- They cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher or coupon discount
- They cannot be used for an item which is being sold at a ‘sale price’
- If you are being invoiced (for the full price of the product or event) and have a valid money off voucher, we will credit this to the invoice so long as you tell us about it in advance (ie it will not be credited automatically)
- They will also be subject to any special terms and conditions applicable to that particular voucher/coupon. For example, there will often be a time deadline after which they cannot be used.
- Money off vouchers/coupons are only sold or provided at our discretion.
These clauses will apply to ALL courses and events.
- All our courses and events relate to the law in England & Wales UK only. They are not appropriate or relevant for use in any other countries.
- Payment – We accept payment by credit card (powered by Stripe) pay pal, cheque or direct transfer of funds into our bank account (details available on request). Although for some courses we may only accept payment via pay pal and/or credit card.
- Prices may change over time, so the correct prices are those shown on the sales page for the relevant course, on the checkout page at the time of sale or as agreed between us. All prices include VAT where appropriate.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither ELT nor its presenters will be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned to any person acting omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon the course material or presentation of the course or, except to the extent that any such loss does not exceed the price of the course, arising from or connected with any error or omission in the course material or presentation of the course. Consequential loss shall be deemed to include, but is not limited to, any loss of profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses.
- Data Protection – ELT may periodically contact you with details of programmes and services that may be of interest to you and we reserve the right to pass your details to Landlord Law, and (for face to face training and Conferences) to any exhibitors at the event. Please contact Tessa Shepperson (email to [email protected]) or write to ELT at the address given above if you do not wish to be included in this activity.
- Under the Data Protection Act you may request details of personal information we hold about you. Please send any such requests to us at the registered office address or by email to [email protected] We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for this not exceeding £10.00 at our discretion. If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, we will amend our records upon being informed of this by you.
- Jurisdiction: Your agreement with ELT and these terms and conditions shall be subject to and governed by the law of England and Wales