The Conference is sponsored by TDS
Here is the program of events :
Thursday 14 March
Although the conference is officially on 15 March, many delegates will be travelling down the night before.
We will be staying at the Angel Hotel and delegates are welcome to join us for dinner from 7.00 pm (£30 pp which will need to be booked in advance with the hotel). You do not have to be staying at the hotel to have dinner, but it is subject to availability. So first come first served.
Friday 15 March
Here is the program of events for the day. You will find details of the speakers >> here.
09.00 – Registration
09.50 – Graeme Gee
- Introduction and welcome
- ‘Housekeeping’ and notices
10.00 – Tessa Shepperson
- Tenancy agreements
- The different types of tenancy agreements
- Problems with amending
10.30 – Simon Parrott – agency law
- Agency law introduction
- Agents fiduciary duty
- Agents authority
- Ending agency agreements
11.15 – Comfort break
11.45 – David Smith – HMOs
- What is an HMO
- Landlords management obligations in HMO property
- Introduction to licensing
12.30 – John Murray – Residential Property Tribunal
- A Landlord’s use of the RPTS – Rent Assessments, Rent Repayment Orders, Service Charge Challenges, Lease extensions, HMO appeals
- Making an application:- tips for success
01.00 – Lunch
A buffet lunch will be provided.
02.00 – Tom Derrett – tenancy deposits
- Adjudication basic
- Be ready for a claim
- Adjudication statistics
- Why it seems unfair
- How to tip the scales in your favour
- How much to claim for
- Avoiding future disputes
02.45 – Ben Reeve Lewis – harassment
- How landlords can often break laws they didn’t know were there.
- Different acts of harassment.
- Different legal definitions of harassment.
- The growing trend of treating harassment as anti-Social Behaviour
03.30 – Comfort break
04.00 – Tessa Shepperson – eviction
- The four stages of eviction
- Court proceedings
4.45 – Any questions and summing up
- A chance for you to ask any questions that remain unanswered,
- followed by a general conclusion and formal end to the conference.
5.00 – Ends
The organisers will be staying at the Angel hotel and delegates are welcome to join us for dinner at 7.00. Again, this will need to be booked in advance with the hotel and is subject to availability.
Note that the whole event is being filmed by Tracy Island TV Productions on our behalf and footage will be used in future courses, promotions etc.