Since the advent of the Homelessness Reduction Act, in particular the goal of sustaining a tenancy, sound knowledge of landlord and tenant law have become a crucial skill set, where not enough attention has been focused in the past by homelessness case workers.
This course provides that bedrock of skills.
Modules covered on this course:
- Security of tenure issues – tenancies, licence, tied accommodation, joint tenancies and how to untangle the complex area of sub-tenancies
- Termination, surrender and abandonment by tenants
- Identifying and dealing with disrepair
- Deposit protection
- Dealing with harassment and illegal eviction
- Notices seeking possession and the 21 factors that render a s21 notice invalid
- How to intervene in the eviction procedure at different stages to sustain the tenancy.
Course delegates will leave the course with a firm grounding in the rights and securities of private renters. They will be able to properly advise clients and intervene to protect the tenant and sustain the accommodation.…
Who should attend?
All officers working in homelessness prevention, housing options, casework, reviews and management.
If you wish to book Ben for this course
Please contact us via our Landlord Law messenger service. Note that >> terms and conditions apply.