Between April 2021 and April 2022 there were a reported 7,778 illegal evictions in England. 830 recorded on H-Cli but gaps in reporting strongly suggest that this is a serious under count. Many councils no longer have a TRO service so dealing with harassment and illegal eviction is a duty that falls to many homelessness staff.
This course addresses the issues involved.
Modules covered on this course
- Security of tenure issues – tenancies, licence, tied accommodation, joint tenancies and how to untangle the complex area of sub-tenancies
- Termination, surrender and abandonment by tenants
- Identifying and dealing with disrepair
- Deposit protection
- Dealing with harassment and illegal eviction
- Notices seeking possession and the 21 factors that render a s21 notice invalid
- How to intervene in the eviction procedure at different stages to sustain the tenancy.
Participants will learn the essential knowledge set of the Tenancy Relations Officer and the wider roll of local authorities in moderating a rogue landlord’s behaviour
Who should attend?
Any staff involved in housing advice, homelessness prevention or housing options.
If you wish to book Ben for this course