Each district has it’s own schemes and initiatives which help prevent homelessness through the provision of alternative accommodation but at its root so many homelessness applications can be dealt with by staff having a good working knowledge of the various laws and legal procedures that can help sustain an applicant’s home and take the pressure off of a beleaguered homelessness unit.
Modules covered on this course:
- Identifying an applicant’s legal rights to remain in a property
- Unenforceable terms in tenancy agreements
- The Deregulation Act 2015 and the 9 different ways that a S21 notice can be invalid
- Ending harassment to make a person’s home ‘Reasonable to occupy’
- Negotiations with mortgage lenders and the 10 alternatives to repossession
- Dealing swiftly with illegal eviction
- Counterclaims in possession proceedings
- Adjourning hearings, suspending warrants, buying time.
Course delegates will leave the course with a toolbox of skills and knowledge that will help increase their abilities to prevent homelessness, sustain tenancies and come to agreements with mortgage lenders.
Who should attend?
The course is designed primarily for homelessness prevention and housing options staff but is also essential material for advice workers in different areas and homelessness investigation officers.
If you wish to book Ben for this course
Please use our standard booking form below. Note that >> terms and conditions apply.