John is a Partner with Ward Hadaway Solicitors in Leeds where he heads up their Social Housing and Property Litigation team.
He also sits as a Legal Chair of the Residential Property Tribunal, which incorporates the work of Leasehold Valuation Tribunals, Rent Assessment Committees and Rent Tribunals.
Emsleys act on behalf of Housing Associations and private landlords throughout the north of England and midlands, dealing with a wide range of legal issues:-
- Possession claims
- Anti Social Behaviour and nuisance
- Property licensing issues; rent repayment applications
- Rent arrears
- Defending disrepair claims
- Compliance and prosecutions of landlords
- Leasehold extension, enfranchisement, right to manage and service charge disputes.
John has delivered training on housing law to housing associations and local authorities for many years.