Going to court is now part of many officers’ jobs. Whether rent possession hearings or more detailed trials for ASB, possession fraud or other enforcement, officers need to know the rules and procedures governing the courts, to get the most out of any court appearance.
Appearing in court can be daunting, but it doesn’t need to be so long as you are well prepared and know what the rules are. Being under-prepared could affect your credibility and performance, and mean you don’t get what you want or deserve.
Over one enjoyable and entertaining day, this course takes the mystery, unpredictability and stress out of having to go to court.
Modules covered in this course;
- The procedures and protocols leading up to and including your court hearing
- The secrets of cross-examination: how to be cross-examined without tears!
- Rules of written and oral evidence – how to avoid mistakes and produce the perfect witness statement
- A practical exercise in cross-examination, to better understand how it works
- How to get the most out of judges who can be persuaded, and how to appeal when it goes wrong.
NB – The workshop can be tailored to the needs of specific officers or organisations.
You will come out at the end of the day knowing how to prepare and present a watertight case. You will also understand the basics of evidence, civil procedure, cross-examination and getting the most out of judges, other lawyers and the court itself.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at officers whose job involves them going to court, whether for rent possession hearings, or for longer, more detailed court hearings and trials.
Also suitable for all Officers who may be involved in rent collection, ASB and tenancy enforcement, or in case preparation.
If you wish to book Peter for this course
Please use our standard booking form below. Note that >> terms and conditions apply.