1 DAY WORKSHOP WITH IMMIGRATION EXPERT SUE LUKES
THE NEW RIGHT TO RENT CHECKS WILL BE INTRODUCED ACROSS ENGLAND ON 1 FEBRUARY
Make sure you understand them properly by attending our workshop:
A Practical Guide to the Right to Rent Checks in England
** Bookings must close on Wednesday 13 January after 1.00 pm **
A one day course for landlords & letting agents
Monday 18 January Homerton College Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 8PH
10.30 am to 4.30 pm Lunch included (see below)
Cost £198 (£165 + VAT)
- Useful for landlords considering doing these checks themselves
- Letting agents, or
Watch Sue Lukes speaking after our Cambridge Conference on 14 April 2015
Don't get caught out - make sure you understand the law!
Click below to signup now
(you will be redirected to our booking form):
What are workshops?
Our workshops are small classes (generally between 10-20 attendees) where the trainer is able to give more focused and detailed training on specific issues.
As the classes are small, there is much more scope for discussion and interaction, both within the group and with the trainer. People generally find them very rewarding.
About this workshop
The Right to Rent checks, initially just trialled in the West Midlands are to be rolled out across England from 1 February 2015.
These seemingly simple checks could involve landlords and agents incurring fines and (after the new Immigration Bill is published) even a custodial sentence if incorrectly done.
This workshop by Immigration Expert Sue Lukes will give you all you need to be compliant.
WORKSHOP PROGRAM :
How it all works
Topics covered will include – How immigration works, how councils check immigration status for their services, how benefits and immigration interact
Getting it right
Topics covered will include - How the “right to rent” will work, making right to rent checks: when, where and how, avoiding discrimination, potential problem areas
Homerton College is about 20 minutes walk from Cambridge Station (with its excellent connections to London and elsewhere) and also has free on site parking.
Facilities will include:
- Tea & coffee on arrival and in the two breaks
- Simple sandwich lunch (vegetarians catered for)
- Afternoon break with tea and coffee and cake
- Free wi fi
- Free on site parking
About Sue Lukes
Sue Lukes is a well-known specialist in migration, equalities and service provision especially local services, advice and community development, utilising the knowledge and contacts gained through careers in refugee resettlement, housing aid and freelancing (since 1996). She is the author of many academic and more practical publications in these fields.
Share this page with your friends...
Note: If you are not local, there are several hotels and guest houses in Cambridge where you can stay
WARNING: There are only limited places available so if you want to attend early booking is recommended
How to book your place:
- Click the big button below – this will take you to the 'shopping cart' item
- Amend the number in the box if you are booking for more than one person and click to purchase
- Complete all the details (including ALL the boxes on the right - even if you are just booking for yourself) - otherwise you will not get your confirmation emails
- Make payment online by credit / debit card or pay pal
- You will receive a VAT receipt and confirmation of your booking
- If you need to pay by BACS or cheque, please contact us.